About 3.1 million car owners (out of a total of 3.5 million) are its potential beneficiaries Fuel Pass 2which extends to the months of July, August and September.
Regarding petrolthe amounts for the second round of the subsidy will be increased, ie at 80 euros (from 45) for cars and in 60 euros (from 35) for two-wheelers. In Islandsthe subsidy will reach 100 euro for cars and 70 euros for two-wheelers.
For diesel engine the increase of 12 cents per liter remains at the source, while the final benefit – including VAT – will amount to 15 cents per liter.
As the government’s financial staff explained earlierthe grant will be given in the form electronic cardwhich can be used at gas stations, while for our fellow citizens who can not use a smartphone, the amount can be deposited in a bank account of their choice.
The application for the Fuel Pass 2 will be made on the basis of new tax returns relating to year of use 2021 and the basic criterion will be the net stated family income.
Eligible are natural persons (including self-employed), tax residents of Greece, with declared family income for the tax year 2021 up to 30,000 eurosincreasing by 3,000 euros for each additional member of the household (spouse / member of cohabitation agreement and dependent children) and up to 45,000 euros.
Examples with aid amounts
For beneficiaries who choose to use a digital debit card, the amount of financial support increased by 15 euros (against 5 euros that was valid with the previous subsidy).
Based on whether the beneficiary uses the digital card and whether or not he lives on an island, the amount of aid is as follows:
- For cars IX in continental Greece will be 65 euros without a card, 80 with card (from the 45 in force until today).
- In Islands (including Crete), for cars will be 85 without card, 100 with card.
- For two-wheelers in continental Hellas: 35 euros without a card, 60 with card
- For two-wheelers on islands: 55 euros without a card, 70 with a card.
Gasoline under 2 euros for 3.1 million beneficiaries
According to the Minister of Finance, Christos Staikouras, always based on current fuel prices, this aid reduces the cost of 180 liters of fuel in 44 minutes per liter for the mainland and 52 minutes per liter for island regions, ‘dropping the price of gasoline under 2 euros». The total cost for Fuel Pass 2 will be 200 million euros.
The examples given by the secretary general Of Fiscal Policy of the Ministry of Finance Thanos Petralias (with prices 16/6):
- With 2.40 euros for gasoline in the mainland (eg Attica), the consumer pays for gasoline, for 60 liters of consumption per month, at a price of 1.96 euros.
- With 2.06 euros of diesel in mainland (eg Attica), the consumer pays for diesel, for 60 liters of consumption per month, at a price of 1.62 euros.
- With 2.55 euros for gasoline in an island area (eg Dodecanese), the consumer pays for gasoline, for 60 liters of consumption per month, at a price of 1.99 euros.
- With 2.22 euros of diesel in an island area (eg Cyclades), the consumer pays for diesel, for 60 liters of consumption per month, at a price of 1.66 euros.
When and where the application will be made
To give the aid, the natural person will state to relevant platform in gov.gr the vehicle for which he receives the aid and on which he must have a percentage of co-ownership or a long-term lease contract.
Each vehicle can be declared by a single natural person and any natural person can only state a vehicle. Prerequisite for the vehicle to be in circulation, to be insured and to have no traffic fees due.
The platform will be the same as the previous Fuel Pass and Power Pass, ie vouchers.gov.grwhile it is estimated that it will open at end of July.